Whilst our instructors are qualified to offer advice on exercise, fitness and correct use of equipment, they are not medically qualified. Individuals need to satisfy themselves that they are fit enough to take part. We recommend that anyone starting physical activity should first speak to a medical professional.
On joining all members are offered an induction to instruct you how to use the gym equipment. You are strongly advised to undertake this. Aspirations (Telford & Wrekin Council Leisure Services) will not accept any responsibility or liability for injury or health problems that may arise from taking part in physical activity or not having undertaken a gym induction from a qualified member of staff.
Telford & Wrekin Council Leisure Services are collecting your personal data to enable you to benefit from a range of leisure services and facilities and in order to enter into a contract for goods or services. Telford & Wrekin Council will only share your data with its Direct Debit collection agency solely for the purpose of collecting your leisure fees and will not share any of your personal data collected with any other external organisations unless required to do so by law. For further details on the council’s privacy arrangements please view the privacy page on the council’s website - www.telford.gov.uk/terms
Health Commitment Statement
Your health is your responsibility. The management and staff of this organisation are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy the facilities that we offer. With this in mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Our Commitment to You
- 1. We will respect your personal decisions, and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- 2. We will make every reasonable effort to make sure that our equipment and facilities are in a safe condition for you to use and enjoy.
- 3. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that our staff are qualified to the fitness industry standards as set out by the Register of Exercise Professionals.
- 4. If you tell us that you have a disability which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing our equipment and facilities, we will consider what adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your Commitment to Us
- 1. You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely, before you use our equipment and facilities you should get advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
- 2. You should make yourself aware of any rules and instructions, including warning notices, and follow them. Exercise carries its own risks. You should not carry out any activities which you have been told are not suitable for you.
- 3. You should let us know immediately if you feel ill when using our equipment or facilities. Our staff members are not qualified doctors, but there will be a person available who has had first-aid training.
- 4. If you have a disability, you must follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to exercise safely.
This statement is for guidance only. It is not a legally binding agreement between you and us and does not create any obligations which you or we must meet.
© 2010 - 2018 EIDO Healthcare Limited. Expires end of February 2020.
Terms and Conditions
1. Rules and Regulations
1.1 Guest passes can only be used on the stipulated weekend and only during staffed hours
1.2 Guests must not use any piece of gym equipment with which they are unfamiliar or which
they have not been shown how to use.
1.3 Guest members must comply with reasonable requests and instructions from staff.
1.4 Guest members using the fitness suites are asked to carry a suitable towel or use the paper
towel provided to clean down equipment after use.
1.5 Guest members are asked to wear suitable footwear and clothing and maintain standards of
decency, respecting the sensitivity of other users.
1.6 Guest members are advised to take fluids during exercise; however in the interest of safety
and hygiene, no crockery or glass is permitted in the fitness suites or associated changing
2. Limitations of Liability
2.1 It is the guest members’ responsibility to ensure that they are capable of undergoing a
routine of exercises provided by any programme followed or class attended. If in doubt,
guest members should consult their doctor prior to beginning any exercise programme or
2.2 Liability will not be accepted by Telford and Wrekin Council for the loss or damage to
property belonging to, or in the care of, a customer whilst on the premises nor, unless the
negligence of Telford and Wrekin Council, or Wellington Town Council can be proved, nor
will any liability be accepted for any personal injury suffered by a customer whilst on the
Telford and Wrekin Council reserve the right to reject any application or withdraw any guest
membership in the event of failure to comply with Guest Member Terms and Conditions and