Councillors' Pride Fund
Proposals for this year's Councillor's Pride Fund are now being accepted, proposal forms can be completed online. Please note proposals can only be accepted from Councillors or where a Councillor has asked a group to complete a proposal.
The Councillors' Pride Fund provides ward members with the opportunity to allocate funding towards improvements or projects within their ward. It also provides an opportunity to make a big difference with a small amount of money. The wide range of exciting projects that were supported last year demonstrates the difference this initiative can make, particularly when a contribution is also made by a local Town or Parish Council.
Members are allocated a maximum of £2,000.
All projects/groups that are funded will need to demonstrate how they contribute to delivering the Council Priorities, these are;
- securing the best start in life for children and young people
- protect and create jobs as a ‘business supporting, business winning council’
- improve local people’s prospects through education and skills training
- keep neighbourhoods safe, clean and well connected
- support communities and those most in need and work to give residents access to suitable housing
- improving health and wellbeing across Telford and Wrekin
- protect and champion our environment, culture and heritage.
Ward members are encouraged to seek match funding for their projects ensuring the money gets that little further, previous match funding has come from Parish and Town Councils, council service areas, companies and community groups. All proposal forms must be submitted no later than 1 December 2020.